Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Red Sox are Beating the Yankees at 8:30AM!

Talk about an awesome way to watch a baseball game, eating egg sandwich and drinking milk tea is fantastic!

I am currently staying with a Rotarian named "Steel." (Guess what he sells...) Steel is so in tune with his business he decided to build his home directly in the middle of his factory. Every night when we return home we are greeted by two security guards and roughly 15 guard dogs, the meanest of them all being a snow white tea cup poodle who only likes me when I have rice balls.
Coming to this home, I was concerned about the language barrier. Both Steel and his wife rarely use English, so they have been using their 13 year-old son, Jason, to translate - going as far as to call him at school to talk on speakerphone. Steel's wife, Tsai Yuan could not say more than hello or goodnight when I came to their home one week ago. However, one week later, and a lot of practicing, she read me the first few pages out of her English book, and got really excited when I understood her when she asked "Do you want to go to sleep?" This has been a great week in Jhungli, and I will miss this family very much.

Jhungli has been a great city, we are finding out how diverse this little island is with every new experience. I wish I had a clicker for every time we say "Xie Xie" (thanks)... it would be in the millions by now with all the amazing people we have met.

Over and out from Jhungli! Go Red Sox! 16-11 over the Yankees!

No comments: